October 8-11, 2017
Omega Institute, Rhinebeck, NY
The goal of this event is to support permaculture teachers in our region to continue improving the quality and outcomes of our educational offerings and experiences in service to our region.
This gathering will help do this by…
– Creating time and space for professional level peer-to-peer sharing and cross-training on quality educational practices for the permaculture community (perhaps even peer-to-peer “teach-in” modules on how different teachers do things)
– Continuing to elevate the application of permaculture ethics and principles in HOW we design and execute educational offerings (pedagogy, justice, equity, etc.)
– Exploring more connectivity and alignment between permaculture teachers in our region toward possible outcomes such as agreement on community-derived voluntary standards for permaculture educational quality and functional collaboration.
– Centering the topics of social justice, racial justice, anti-oppression and equity within our work and understand how permaculture educational experiences are leverage points for our network on these topics.
– Continuing to build a culture of mutual aid and reciprocity among the network of teachers in our region.
The Omega Center for Sustainable Living (OCSL), in collaboration with the Permaculture Association of the Northeast (PAN), will host the Omega Northeast Permaculture Teachers Gathering. This gathering will be a professional development training for teachers and organizers in our region.
The gathering will take place over 3 days, from Oct 8-11, at the Omega Institute in Rhinebeck, NY. You are invited to arrive as early as noon on Sun, Oct 8, and you are free (and encouraged) to make use of the facilities, yoga classes, musical offerings and sauna at Omega during your stay.
This event is organized by PAN and generously sponsored by OMEGA Institute. There will be a limited number of spaces and there will be a cost to cover basic food/lodging and guest trainers for one of our days together.
Price range for the full three days is between $200 and $300 for this professional development retreat.
Join the conversation over on Facebook!
To register, Click here. (Stay tuned for official form and details or email us if you can’t wait!)