Season’s greetings permaculture friends–
As you may know by now, PAN –the Permaculture Association of the Northeast– is a membership organization that relies on the support of the greater northeast permaculture network to help fund our activities throughout the region. Some of our members hail from as far south as Pennsylvania, as far west as New York, as far north as Quebec and as far east as the Canadian Maritimes. Many of you may remember the northeast permaculture convergence, which has been the flagship project for us for the last ten years and has enabled us to build this network based on face-to-face relationships. We have recently diversified our offerings in how we steward and support the permaculture nodes throughout the region.
Our current activities include:
- Network strategic planning from the northeast region and beyond to the national
- Diversity and solidarity trainings for teachers and organizers
- Teacher trainings for women in permaculture
- Voluntary and co-created standards in permaculture education
- Northeast Permaculture Convergence planning for summer 2018
- NEW! – Webinars focused on supporting permaculture practitioners in a professional capacity – helping permies stay connected and informed across the region!
- Enhancement to our membership program
- Strengthening member connections within the region
I’m writing to ask you to consider two ways of supporting our continued work. First, if you’re not already a member, please do become a member of PAN ($30-100/year). Secondly, whether you’re a member or not, please consider making a $5 to $500 donation to PAN. PAN is a 501(c)(3) organization so your donation may be tax-deductible. If you have felt that permaculture education has enhanced your life in any way, your donation would be a great way to “pay it forward” and support the continued development of the network. PAN exists to support the activities of the regional nodes and increase access to quality permaculture education, events and content. Your donations and membership dues are greatly appreciated and go toward paying our expenses and keeping our activities consistent and continuous throughout the years.
Thank you very much for your support.
President of the Board, PAN