Board Coordinator Position
Permaculture Association of the Northeast
General Goal & Description:
The coordinator role for the Permaculture Association of the Northeast (PAN) requires working remotely (i.e. from home) with the PAN Board. The Coordinator supports the ongoing function of PAN through the implementation of a work plan developed with the PAN Board. The PAN mission is:
To increase the resilience of the Northeast region by strengthening the regional permaculture network and increasing access to relevant education and resources.
- Responding to incoming PAN communications (i.e. emails, social media, etc.) in a timely fashion.
- Scheduling and coordinating Board phone calls and meetings monthly which will include helping with agenda-building (in cooperation with the Board’s Facilitating Director).
- Recording and circulating minutes to the Board.
- Tracking the PAN work plan and tasks and board member action items in cooperation with the Facilitating Director, to include monitoring timelines, deliverables and responsible parties.
- Coordinating administrative tasks related to PAN activities, such as the quarterly newsletters and webinars, and monitoring due dates in conjunction with PAN’s subcommittees.
- Assisting with membership renewal reminders and managing membership database.
- Helping with event specific communications/coordination in support of gatherings, board retreats, and other organizational meetings.
- Serving as point person on fiscal sponsorships using the defined PAN process.
- Providing assistance with post office and bank related tasks.
- Managing the PAN tech suite, including our CRM and website.
- Attending board meetings and monthly check ins with the Facilitating Director.
Knowledge / Skills / Attributes Needed:
- Integrity, reliability, and excellent professional references.
- Positive problem-solving attitude.
- Professional quality written, phone, virtual and in-person communication skills are required. A clear and concise communication style is preferred.
- Commitment to PAN values and mission as outlined at http://northeastpermaculture.org/about/mission-values/.
- Experience with, or ability to learn: Membership Works (CRM integration with WordPress), SiteGround Web Hosting, and Stripe.
- Demonstrated experience with social media (FB, Twitter, blog posts, etc.); comfort with WordPress, MailChimp, and Zoom; proficiency with Google Docs and similar office programs.
- Self-motivated, organized person capable of taking direction and whom also works well independently.
- Ability to communicate news and concise questions to Board contacts as needed.
- Willingness to report to the Board via a monthly bulleted list of achievements.
- Experience within the permaculture network or related disciplines preferred.
- Capacity/availability to respond to email communications and other tasks at least weekly on average.
- Prefer: experienced Virtual Assistant/Business Manager
Decision-Making and Communications:
The primary contact(s) for this position will be the Board’s Facilitating Director with a backup contact identified as well. The Coordinator will have a semi-monthly check-in call with the Facilitating Director or their designee. The coordinator will also participate in scheduled Board calls, and may participate in working group calls as needed.
Initially the Coordinator will be engaged as an independent contractor and will receive a 1099-MISC from PAN at the end of the calendar year for tax purposes. The rate of pay for this contractor position will be approximately $25 per hour for four to five hours of work on average per week. The annual compensation will not exceed $6,000 as currently configured. The Coordinator will be reimbursed for miles driven to and from PAN meetings if applicable. The Coordinator will provide an invoice and be paid monthly for hours worked the previous month.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three references to:
Liz Kelly – email@example.com
All interested applicants must submit their materials electronically by February 22, 2021.