Greetings Northeast Permies!
You’re invited to JOIN the Permaculture Institute of the Northeast to strengthen our Permaculture network and to increase community resilience throughout our region.
Permaculture inspires and empowers thousands of people across the Northeast to imagine and design healthier and more functional relationships with nature and with each other. Whether you apply Permaculture at home, a garden, farm, or regenerative business — connecting with others for community and to share resources and best practices will support you.
Through our Membership Drive, PINE will:
- Map the thousands of individual and business members that make up our network. Regional organizers in the U.S. and Canada estimate there are 6,000-10,000 permaculture supporters in the Northeast – wow!
- Further develop a searchable database of regional Permaculture demonstration and teaching sites, courses, jobs, internships, and useful seed/plant/equipment resources;
- Circulate regional permaculture news about innovative projects and collaborations, “permacultural” responses to major issues, and more;
- Call together a Spokescouncil to support cross-regional communication and support local permaculture organizing efforts
- Continue to convene regional gatherings and convergences
Between now and March 1, 2015, PINE wants to connect 1500+ people and raise $30,000-$60,000 to fund these initiatives.
On average, $20-$40 per member will reach our goal! At the same time, we invite you to join us nowregardless of whether you can make a financial contribution.
PINE members have direct access to participate in and shape the projects that PINE takes on and to influence the direction of our regional movement. The projects above are based on years of community input and PINE wants your involvement. For example, join today and nominate local leaders to the regional Spokescouncil!
We thank you for your participation and support and trust that building PINE will give everyone in our region better access to each others’ wisdom, enthusiasm, vision, and good strategic thinking.
Elyssa Serrilli and Uma Lo (former PINE Board member)
on behalf of the PINE Board of Directors
Click here to learn more about PINE and 10 years of service to our network.