Mission and Values
What is Permaculture?
For the last 10+ years, a small group of volunteers has been working to organize our regional community- creating opportunities to connect and learn from each other. In 2008, some of these folks formed Permaculture Association of the Northeast (PAN) as a registered non-profit and a federal 501c3 and began asking others from around the region to volunteer on the Board.
So far, we have:
- Supported a Northeast Permaculture Convergence every summer for the last 10 years
- Created and stewarded free online resources for sharing information and best practices
- Designed and started early implementation of a searchable Regional Database to make finding permaculture resources easier
- Organized multiple sub-regional gatherings for permaculture teachers, professional designers and organizers
- Co-facilitated the first Strategic Regional Organizing Open Space in 2012
- Co-convened the first-ever Women in Permaculture Gathering in our region in 2013
- Convened the Northeastern regional caucus at the first-ever North American Permaculture Convergence in August 2014